Online community for our performing group members :) A little cyberspace for any nonsensical or musical shout outs and anything under the sun!!! Share your love for music!!!

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Wow... Darryl's post inspiring me to write this...

Yeah talking about the initial thoughts when I first joined PG...

Well, let me tell you guys about my experience. I was kinda a blur kid lah... had done 1 year of UV classes... and then saw the PG audition posters in school. To the best of my knowledge... there was no existing PG during my time as a student... apparently the previous PG had disbanded and it was only later on that I got to know about all the things that happened in school. So technically, I never had a senior PG member, for my batch, we only had WSLS, JJ and HC.

Why did I join PG? Honestly, right at the start... it was just another audition. I had taken part in the internal singing competition and I emerged 3rd in my category, Tiffany (also ex-PG) won 1st =) Then when this audition came, I joined it with my class. I went through the theory and singing auditions... (we had 3 rounds of auditions man) and made it into the PG.

We were very fortunate, because WSLS took a lot of time to train us. He taught us many things and groomed us from the noobs we were to something thats presentable (haha) but all these time, it has never occurred to me that PG is prestigious and exclusive. only now then do I know what others think of it.

So I realise how lucky I was to be in PG... then continuing to be in it with the next batch... and now yet another batch will be incoming!

Unlike Darryl, I didnt join PG with a dream. Not really. But I developed my dream while I was in PG. PG and WSLS, JJ and HC... they have pushed me to beyond my self imposed limits. I'm very thankful for this experience that has made me grown much more than any other place could have done so. None of you have seen me 4 years ago... so maybe you cannot imagine... but take my word for it... PG has done me a world of good.

Although it has never occurred to me that PG is prestigious, but I have always cherished being in PG. During my uni years, it was definitely the highlight of my week... every friday night is something I look forward to during my dreary lectures and tutorials. I am no saint... but I dare say that I have put in effort and contributed to PG always. That is because I care about it, and I love it. Its that simple.

So for those of you who cherish PG... make it known. and make it seen.
May the force be with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home